Time to pack away the turkey roasters and pumpkins and, if you’re like my family, pull out the 578 bins of Christmas decorations: December is upon us. Ah, December: that month-long foray into complete mayhem consisting of parties, parties and more parties; family gatherings with crazy Aunt Bess who won’t stop asking when you’re *finally* going to settle down; more shopping than you can possibly accomplish in a mere 30 days; and more eating and drinking than any human being should ever attempt. I’m already booked for the next two weeks solid at which time I’ll pack my suitcase once again and head to my most favourite city in the entire universe, New York City, to celebrate my birthday. I’ll be a mad woman traversing the burrough, squeezing in shopping, eating excellent edible material, traipsing the Met, and dancing around to a musical or three (Hair and Next to Normal, here I come!).
Post NYC, I’ll unpack and repack once again to head to Houston for the holidays about which I am quite excited, because nothing says “holidays” like cranking up the A/C on Christmas morning. Jokes.
Before I take off on my jaunts, though, I’m doing some cool things in T.O. this week that I’ll try to recap when I have a free moment, by which I mean during the six hours a night I should be sleeping. All I can say is thanksbeto Steve Jobs for the WordPress iPhone app.
- seeing Thomas Keller speak and having his new Ad Hoc at Home cookbook signed
- Third Tuesday Toronto to see Julien Smith speak (!)
- Junior League Christmas party
- Yelp’s Elite Christmas party that’s Mad Men-themed!
- Going to a Christmas tree farm and cutting down a tree for the very first time! And getting my nog on afterwards.
- An always fabulous iYellow Wine Club event called “Happy Birthday South Africa” at Reds Wine Bar
- Company Christmas party, but, more importantly, the after party.
Clearly, I need a lifestyle manager.